Jamie Lee Curtis is a famous American actress and author. She was born on November 22, 1958 and has won many awards throughout her career. The actress has appeared in numerous advertisements and is considered to be one of the best Hollywood actresses. She is the daughter of actors Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh. Her parents divorced and after that, her mother married Robert Brandt. Jamie Lee Curtis attended Westlake School in Los Angeles and the University of the Pacific in Stockton, California.
Her film debut occurred in 1978 in the horror film Halloween and it was a great success. As after this film, the actress was cast in several horror films, she was called “scream queen”. She also appeared in TV productions and wrote several children books with the help of illustrator Laura Cornell. Curtis married Christopher Guest on December 18, 1984 and together they have two adopted children.
Jamie Lee Curtis is also known for her quotes that say many things about her personality. Here are some of her most important and interesting quotes:
- “Getting sober just exploded my life. Now I have a much clearer sense of myself and what I can and can’t do. I am more successful than I have ever been. I feel very positive where I never did before, and I think that’s all a direct result of getting sober. “
- “I’ve always put my family first and that’s just the way it is.”
- “Actually, the books were never a planned career path.”
- “Being an actor, you are recognized for being somebody else, whereas these books are distilled from me.”
- “Hollywood is the backdrop of my family, and I know that the movie business is incredibly cruel as you get older.”
- “All the work built my fame and certainly made me more money, but the toll it took in my home was not good.”
- “I love performing and pretending-it’s very easy for me.”
- “I used to dream of being normal. For me, if Kirk Douglas walked into the house, that was normal.”
- “I work with The National Centre on Addiction and Substance Abuse at Columbia University. I sit proudly as one of only two recovering addicts on their board.”
Jamie Lee Curtis has many other interesting quotes that say a lot about her personality, life and career and how all these have evolved throughout time.